Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

One Word to Describe "Karate"

If someone asked me to use just one word to describe Karate, I might say, "fishing."

I know that this does not make much sense. But to me, that word is as good as any other word, and it makes no sense to me to try to describe Karate in one word, two words, a sentence, or even a paragraph. Any description is only of a part or an aspect, and no description comes close to the real thing.

If you want to understand Karate, you have to train. You have to experience Karate, not just think about a word or words. Many people think they understand Karate.

If someone asked me to use just one word to describe Karate, I might say, "I do not accept your premise."

But I do enjoy fishing and I do enjoy practicing Karate. So maybe fishing is a good word.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin