Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

On the Dojo Floor

The other day I was listening to Rush Limbaugh on the radio. He was talking about his love of golf and mentioned that when he is out golfing, it is just good to be on the right side of the grass (I am paraphrasing).

The right side of the grass. If you think about it, whenever you are outside enjoying sports, taking a walk, or working in the yard, it certainly is good to be on the right side of the grass. It is much better than the alternative.

I feel the same way whenever I am in the dojo training. It is just good to be on the dojo floor. In fact, it is good to be in the dojo... as long as I am training. I actually hate to go to a dojo and not train. That would be like going to a nice lake and not fishing. When I go to the dojo, I want to train -- work out, practice kata, get sweaty, and learn something.

It is good to be on the dojo floor. Even if I have problems with certain movements or principles, that's OK... as long as I am training and working on it, it is all good.

I rarely listen to Rush Limbaugh, but I did agree with him that day.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin