Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

An Amazing Feat at Honolulu Marathon

Yesterday was the Honolulu Marathon, an event that draws thousands of runners from around the world. During the news yesterday I saw something that was truly amazing. Several military men (I think that they were in the Army) ran the marathon wearing 60 pound rucksacks. For the local people, that's three bags rice!

Running the marathon is difficult enough (I never tried it), but doing so wearing 60 pound rucksacks is simply incredible. But then again, these are the same men who would undoubtedly carry a fallen comrade that far or even farther.

The older I become the more I appreciate the saying, "Freedom isn't free." Thank God for the men and women in uniform who have paid for and continue to pay for our freedom. We should never take that for granted.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin