Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Welts

A thoughtful reader from Maryland was very kind to point out a typo in my post Testing Results (can you catch it?):

I do not give certificates (just a letter for yudansha) and I do not present an embroidered belt to yudansha, just a plain black welt (like I wear). I do not throw a party!
It is so funny and Freudian too! I do give a plain black belt, not a plain black welt. Although that sounds good too!

I did kumite with a senior once. When I went home, I had these figure 8 black bruises on my chest, in the shape of his two knuckles! They were so perfect!

Thank you for catching my unintended error.

But now I have the idea that welts may be better than belts! Just kidding (not really).

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin