Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Our Logo Is...

Our dojo has a logo. It is "no" logo.

Our dojo has a patch. It is "no" patch.

Our belts have special writing. It is "no" writing.

Our dojo has a dojo kun (sayings). It is "no" dojo kun.

When someone asks, "What is your Karate?" I say, "What?"

When someone asks, "Where is your Karate?" I say, "Where?"

When someone says, "You've said nothing." I say, "That's it!"

Karate comes down to skill, conditioning and character, not logos, patches, sayings, or writing on the belt (or all over the gi). Everything in Karate is inside you. If you can buy it -- that's not it.

If someone attacks you, will you be wearing any patches or logo? I don't think so. And even if you are wearing patches or logos, will that deter the attacker?

This is a joke. I saw a Karate student wearing a plain gi with no patches. I thought to myself, "he must belong to my dojo!"

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin