Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Guest Post: About Not Hitting Women

I received the following comment from Fiona regarding my last post, Do Not Hit Women. Fiona has her own blog, gai.ninja. Thank you very much Fiona for your perspective!

Hi Sensei,

I hope you are well.

I have a comment in response to your latest post, so thought I'd send it over.

I also feel that women should not hit men, unless it is self-defence. There is an increasing number of cases of violent female partners, where women take their anger out on their partners, who are powerless to defend themselves, not wanting to hit a woman.

I used to fight with my sisters all the time when we were kids. I usually won so before I was old enough to know it was wrong and get a grip on my ego I used to do it all the time. But my mum always said people used violence as they weren't smart enough to use words, and when I was old enough to understand that, I changed my ways.

I feel everyone should try and attain that standard - solve problems with words, not violence - and not just men.

Thank you, as always, for your blog - I really enjoy your wise words :) And many congratulations on becoming a grandfather.

Kind regards,

Fiona