Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

My Cold -- A Reason

I am still recovering from my cold. But I found out something interesting, something many of you might have suspected.

When I developed shingles about a month ago, that lowered my immunity, which made it easier for me to catch a cold. I did not think of this, but my allergist mentioned it during a routine visit.

Since then, many people have told me, "Oh yeah, I figured that's what happened."

So in hindsight, while I was recovering from shingles (all better now), I should have been extra careful.

What does this have to do with Karate? Our bodies are our weapons, so to speak. We have to care for them just as we would care for greatly needed weapons. If we do not take care of our bodies, how can be defend them?

Have you ever known anyone who owned a precious samurai sword? If so, you know the great care with which the sword is treated and maintained. Our bodies deserve even more conscientious care.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin