Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Getting Older

I mentioned that I turned 50 last month. Even though 50 is the new 30, I have since experienced two things that remind me that I am getting older.

My doctor has scheduled me for a colonoscopy. Turns out that it is a right of passage when you hit 50.

This morning my wife could not open a jar of salsa. She tried and tried, and then asked me to open it. I tried and tried, but it was really stuck. So my wife asked our 18 year old son, Cael, to try and pop! -- he opened it on the first try.

Growing older is inevitable, but Karate training can help to keep us younger for as long as possible.

As a side note, I probably could not have opened that jar even when I was younger. My sons are much stronger than I ever was.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin