These are Guest Posts and articles by my friend, Mark Tankosich, who has dan rankings in both Sho-ha Shorin-ryu karate and Zen Nihon Kendo Renmei jodo. Along with the martial arts, his passions include the Japanese language. He currently lives and teaches in Hiroshima, Japan.
I am very grateful to Mark for sharing his thoughts and translations skills in the Karate Thoughts Blog.
- A Snowball's Chance, April 24, 2008
- For Who, and Why?, November 8, 2007
- Not Just in the Dojo, October 29, 2007
- Doing the Work, October 23, 2007
- Mabuni On Kata, September 7, 2007
- One of My Best Weapons, July 1, 2007
- Ganbaru, May 25, 2006
- One Reason Why I Train, May 20, 2007
- My New Cell Phone Strap, May 16, 2006
- Kansha, April 13, 2006
- Judging Yourself, April 6, 2006