Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Guest Post: Re: "Brain Freeze"

I received the following email in response to my post entitled "Brain Freeze." I liked it so much that I asked the writer for his permission to post it here. -- Charles

--------------

I had to laugh out loud and tried not to spit out my coffee while reading your blog article on brain freeze. Not laughing at you but at myself. It seems that I have a brain freeze on a daily basis when training at my dojo or even here at home. I can relate so much and agree with you that it seems we can only take in only so much information.

Last night while training one on one with my teacher in Tai Chi Chuan I could not for the life of me get the right hand movement. My teacher even grabbed my hand and like scolding a 10 year old said "No, no, no....like this" and proceeded to move my hand through the movement himself. We both laughed over that scene. Luckily, it finally dawned on me what to do.

Thank you for the article and letting me know I'm not the only one that gets the dreaded Brain Freeze.

Sincerely,

"S. S."
Akron, Ohio