Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Don't Teach Well For Me

Tonight I missed my Karate class because of a bad cold. I did not want to risk getting my students sick.

I am lucky because I have three instructors and several assistant instructors in my dojo. This really helps me.

Sometime I will ask an instructor about how he or she taught in my absence. They will usually get excited to tell me about some aspect of the class. I am always happy to see that the instructors are very enthusiastic.

One thing I sometimes request is that the instructors not try to teach well for me. I want them to teach their best because they care about the students. If a person teaches for the sake of the students, he will always be very happy to teach. It will always be rewarding.

Teach well because you care about the students.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin