Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

Billy Joel -- Best Performer Ever!

Last night, my wife and I attended a concert by Billy Joel here in Honolulu. It was the best concert ever and Billy Joel was simply the best! If you ever have a chance to see him, please don't miss it. He is not only a great singer, his piano is amazing and I think he writes his own songs. The 7 musicians who performed with him were also awesome.

This was another one of those occassions where I kept thinking, "He is so much more talented at what he does than I am at Karate." I will have to keep working at it.

As Karate students and instructors, we should not only compare ourselves to others in the art. Any time we see anyone who excels at their art, craft, skill, or profession, we should challenge ourselves to rise to their level.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin