Karate Thoughts Blog


Contents   /   Email  /   Atom  /   RSS  /  

1650+ Posts... and Counting

270 Posts!

It is hard to believe, but the Karate Thoughts Blog has now reached 270 posts!

Thank you very much to all the readers and guest writers who have made this possible.

I have practiced martial arts since I was a 7 year old at Misawa Air Force Base, in Northern Japan. I wish that I could remember everything my sensei said to me over the years as a student of Judo, Kenpo Karate, Tai Chi, Gung Fu, Shorin-Ryu, Aikido, Kendo, and Iaido. Some of my sensei did not speak English or did so only sparingly. Time also dims the memory.

With this blog, I am trying to preserve the subjects that we discuss in our Hikari Dojo. In this way, new students, or people outside the dojo who are interested, can also benefit (hopefully). Many of our themes are universal.

I am also trying to encourage writers -- adults and children alike -- within our dojo. We also discuss the blog subjects from time to time in our dojo so that students will feel more comfortable speaking in public.

"Blog" is a funny sounding word. In Okinawa, I think they would say "Brog." Funny sounding or not, I am glad there is such a "web log" to preserve and present our Karate Thoughts.

Respectfully,

Charles C. Goodin